- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10) or Windows Server (SBS, 2008, 2012, 2016 etc)
- (sorry we do not support Apple macOS at this stage)
About the application
The MeterPlan tool is used to read the copier counters for your photocopiers & printers each month and send them to us automatically. It reads each machine (that it is configured to query) and logs readings to us daily.
This allows us to establish both your average usage and an estimated consumable requirement, along with allowing us to ensure your copier bills are as accurate as possible.
You yourself (the client) are able to log in at any point to the web portal and see how your readings are looking. Note, this system is not the invoicing system (so it can’t give you a current estimate on costings).
To sign up for the new meterplan platform simply give us a call or email email@example.com. We will need your name, the company you want the application installed for, a password (for your account to be given access with), and an email address to tie the account to (in a future version the system will know how to email when you go offline for a while, so we’d suggest a generic email like firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once we either get in touch or come and visit, your account will be live and ready for final setup.
- Log in to https://clients.meterplan.bal.co.nz with your provided details.
- Click “Meterplan Setup”.
- Click the latest “Download Installer” button (the version will say “Latest” next to it).
- Save the installer and run it.
- Follow the prompts on-screen to install the program.
- When the program starts, sign in using the email and password created for the client.
- Click “File”.
- Click “Run on Startup”.
- Click “Add Machine”.
- Enter the IP address of the machine you want to retrieve readings for.
- If you don’t know what IP address the machine is on, give us a call on (06) 868 6096. Press 2 for service, and 1 for copiers. The staff will be able to walk you through finding out (or dial in and help you).
- Click “Add”.
- If the machine is not known, it will appear in the admin portal for identification later on. Notify the developer by emailing email@example.com and telling them what machine it was, and what the IP address was.
- The machine will appear in the list if it is successfully identified.
- Repeat steps 14-16 for each machine you have on the network.
- You may put all the unidentified machines in one email for ease of use.
- Close the client.
- The “X” in the top right will minimise it, not exit it. This is by design, as the application will run in the system tray by default.
You’re nearly there…
To confirm that the system has received the readings from the copiers you’ve just added, log in to the portal again and see what’s on the dashboard. If they’ve been added successfully then you’ll see “Latest Printer Logs”, and readings for each machine (if you’d like to make them easier to identify then there is an option in the software to “Set Location” – this could be Reception, Upstairs, Downstairs etc).
If you don’t know how to find your IP addresses or you get stuck, just let us know and we will either dispatch a technician to help you set up the application – this is covered under your MeterPlan agreement – or we will ring you and help you over the phone. You may also call us and we can help you.